Eiber Neighborhood Association, in partnership with Eiber Elementary School and Denver Urban Gardens, is creating a community garden. Lois Witte and Jennifer Loyd, nieghborhood volunteers, are working to make a community garden a reality at Eiber Elementary (13th and Independence Streets). The garden is a wonderful opportunity for Eiber residents and Eiber Elementary students to enjoy working outside and eating fresh garden produce.
Currently, we are seeking grants to get the garden beds started. Your support is essential to our success! Please write a letter of support and either send it to Eiber Neighborhood Association, PO Box 260937, Lakewood, CO 80226, or email it to email@example.com. Click here for sample letter of support.
How can you get involved?
• Help us to research and write grants.
• Volunteer to ask Eiber businesses for financial support or in kind donations.
• Sign up for a community garden plot. Plots are about 10 feet by 15 feet, and cost around $35 a season.
• Sign up to sponsor a low income family or a class of Eiber students. Pledge to pay the plot fee, and provide funds for seeds and plants.
• Support the community garden with an in kind donation. We will need tools, landscape materials, use of equipment and art work.
• Volunteer to physically create the community garden.
• Volunteer to help maintain the Garden during the growing season.
• Donate materials to build a communal tool shed.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your area(s) of interest, and we will contact you personally. We are thrilled to have you as part of this 'ground breaking' project!