Eiber Neighborhood Association Charter
Who We Are
We are an all volunteer not for profit organization registered in the State of Colorado. We operate entirely on donations and ad revenue for support of our quarterly newsletter. We receive NO HOA or City funds and our work is accomplished 100% by volunteers. We are dedicated to communicating important issues and events to the community, and to preserving our neighborhood’s prosperity and character.
Eiber is a well established, unique neighborhood, the core of which is a coherent, attractive, well-wooded, semi-rural residential area partly bordered by multi-family properties and commercial corridors. As an older part of the city, all parts of the neighborhood confront the pressures of infill growth and redevelopment. To preserve and enhance the quality of the neighborhood, members of the community and the City government will strive to:
- Preserve and strengthen the existing low-density, 1-R and 2-R residential areas within the neighborhood;
- Maintain the current residential land use along the proposed 13th Avenue light-rail corridor;
- Promote improvements of the maintenance, appearance, and quality of commercial and multifamily properties;
- Ensure that outstanding parks, recreational facilities, and opportunities for both the young and the elderly be available in and near the neighborhood;
- Create a safer environment by enhancing traffic control and protection from crime and violence;
- Establish better communication between the City of Lakewood and the citizens within the Eiber area.